Friday 9 January 2009

Exactly 3 months till lift off!

How time flys when you're having fun!

Twas a snowy day in April last year when we first heard news of this exciting advenuture. I remember the introductory chat from Kirt (Leader) and Wes (Leader-too). With eagerness and some trepidation we all listened, while the boys told us of this plan to climb up Everest and play cricket.........exciting, mad, brilliant!

Almost a year on, and we are at the 3 month countdown. The fitness has been pushed up to Max, with regular group and individual training sessions well underway. Fundraising similarly continues to be at the forefront of our minds....raising people's hard earned cash for our hard working charities: Himalayan Trust and Lord's Taverners.

I headed up a Fundraising party in October to help start proceedings. My team of Trektators (Trekkers/Spectators) worked their socks off to ensure that our launch party would be one to remember. We raised £3000!

At the time, I also managed to convince my Mother that she would love to assist me in raising further dosh....with the help of her Tennis Club. I will be heading back up to Worcestershire to help raise more money at a Valentines Party. This will help add some momentum in raising my individual target of £1500 which we each have to raise. This trip is definitely all about the charity and thats what makes it more special!

This was just an intro for now, but I hope to keep the blog updated with training progress, practice treks, Farm Fantasy Challenges (all in the name of training) and of course fundraising!

Here goes!......

No comments:

Post a Comment