Monday 23 March 2009

Farewell!!

With a little help from ibuprofen and champers, for one night only trainers were swapped for heels!

It was our send-off fundraiser on Thursday @ Club 24, a rather trendy club on Kingly Street. Walking through the entrance and past the Everest Test photo gallery (inc my v.own mug-shot) my little bro and I couldn't stop smiling, as we walked past the frozen ice statue people, to be greeted by moving images being projected onto the walls - telling the story of our journey so far. I was happy to arrive early so I could giggle and enjoy the show; tractor tyre rolling, playing cricket in trafalgar square, hay bail hauling, snow trekking, running marathons in cricket pads, running marathons......Pretty good prep I think for the less than conventional sport of playing cricket up the world's highest mountain!



The party's resounding success was testimony to all the hard work our High-On-Ice committee had done. The party really was a send-off to remember.

A rather lethal complimentary cocktail helped to get things rolling. As the club filled to bursting and the tunes filled the floor with some truly unique 'shapes' the blurry 'i love everybody' took over. Needless to say I have a slightly hazy memory of the ending.

Despite the sore head, glued curls now flattened, knee/head craving the ibuprofen I was still smiling on Friday morning. In fact, I'm still smiling now, and still in fact wearing my Everest Test Party wristband (can't quite part with it).

With just over 2 weeks to go, and my knee finally responding to repeated rest/hot baths/stretching over the weekend I am now allowing myself to re-join the excitement run (not running......never doing that again). Final shopping list is in motion, as I begin to calculate what one might need when trekking up Everest.....to play cricket!

No comments:

Post a Comment