Thursday 12 March 2009

Spoke too soon!

Sitting in the bath last night, reflecting on the fact that I was now nursing a sore knee I stopped to think what it was that attracted the endless assortment of fluorescent clad runners to the sport! Sometimes it feels more like a magnet for injury - with the training period acting as more of a countdown to the inevitable painful end (be it a shin splint, swollen ankle, damaged tendon, aching back). It may sound melodramatic (ok it does sound melodramatic) but it was my immediate reaction.....and feelings of frustration. Suddenly, it hit me that I was possibly not going to be able to run on Sun!

Signing up to the Bath Half months ago, and proudly receiving my race pack in the post I was looking forward to the challenge. Starting out with my novice 30 minute training sessions and moving on from there.....to be plagued by a weak knee days before! Trainers have not been hung up quite yet however, and I have a physio booked for tomorrow. We will see. One thing I am certain of.....Bath Half or not, I will not be taking any risks at this stage. 4 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment