Tuesday 10 March 2009

Running on empty.....feeling great!

Last week ended on a truly virtuoso note. Having been recently made redundant I decided I could either spend the weekend crying myself to sleep, or pump up the training schedule (therefore turning myself into super woman, and avoiding the temptation to spend £). Crying was substituted for exercise on this occasion.

Sat - Swim (£3.50) followed by a 2 hour walk into town to see my bro (coffee/cookie £4)

Sun - With Bath Half looming (sh*#!!!) I decided that I would happily take up Vick's invite of a 9.5 mile run (free!!) along the river. It all started well, and then not long in, and we realised that there was in fact an organised run going on at the same time.....on our riverside route.....in the bloody opposite direction. Undeterred we powered on, weaving in and out of the Sunday-walkers, dogs, bikes, rowers (in lycra - slightly distracting) and marathon runners. Our route took us along a very pretty track, up to Chiswick Bridge where we then returned back in the direction of Putney (home James). It was a really good run (jog/fast jog) and I was reassured that I could in fact do the distance (+ 4 miles). Bath Half, not so scary after all! The virtuoso bit then followed. Shortly after the jelly-legs had gone, Vicks caught me off guard, with her interesting proposal of catching the end of Trim Trail (also free). With my sugar levels saying no, and my back tightening further at the very thought I naturally agreed. Trim stop next. Boys were impressed, and so were we. Having set the marker for myself, I now want to try and keep up the momentum over the coming final 4 weeks - with an overdose of stretching and ibuprofen I think it can be done!

London Marathon - where do I sign?!........

No comments:

Post a Comment